AB Mixed Martial Arts Rules;
Designed to provide a safe and consistent learning environment for all students.
1. Students must bow before entering the mat.
2. Classes begin with students lining up, facing instructor.
3. Classes end with a handshake to the instructor and everyone.
4. For safety reasons, if you are late sit by the side of the mat and wait for the permission from the Professor.
5. For safety reasons, if you need to leave the mat or leave earlier you must ask permission from the Professor.
6. Shake hands with your partner before and after practice.
7. Talking should be kept to a minimum level and should relate to the class subject.
8. Absolutely no foul language inside the school.
9. Keep finger and toe nails short and filed (not sharp) for everyone’s safety.
10. Students must refer to instructor as professor.
11. The Gi must be washed after every practice. A dirty Gi is a sign of disrespect.
12. When tying the Gi, face the wall.
13. The belt represents your progress. Keep it on.
14. All metal objects, jewelry, piercing, necklace or other such items should be removed.
15. No shoes, food or drink on the mat.
16. No Cell Phones in the mat.
17. Nobody should be shirtless on the mat or out of the locker room
18. No neck cranks, knee-bars, heel hooks, intentional slamming during takedowns or guard work
19. Work out within your physical limits
20. Have fun!
Remember we train together not against one another!